Board of Directors Orlando Agenda
The World Federation of Association of Teacher Educators, Board of Directors will meet on Saturday, February 12, from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM, in the Antigua 1 which is located in the Convention Center of the Caribe Royale Hotel at 8101 World Center Drive; Orlando, FL 32821.
- Welcome and introductions.
- Chairperson and notetaker to be appointed for the meeting.
- Review of agenda.
- Review of minutes from previous meeting – Budapest 2010. See attached.
- WFATE as an Interim Directorate and as a legal entity. Mission statements and purposes etc. Development and confirmation of a WFATE statues/constitution and bylaws (operating procedures) so that continuity may be confirmed. Future structure of the Directorate Board. Definition of WFATE membership. Related financial issues including relative amount and process for assessing member dues.
- New member countries. Need to develop operating procedures for new member countries.
- Future directions, next steps, leadership and timeline for 2011- 2016.
- Preparation of the second biannual conference in Nairobi in 2012.
- Preparation for the third biannual conference of WFATE in China 2014.
- Possibility of the fourth biannual conference of WFATE in Barcelona, Spain in 2016.
- Possibility of virtual/on line meetings at least twice each year to augment our communication when we meet at our respective conferences.
- Any other business.
- Dates, times, responsibilities for next meetings.